Loading Events
This event has passed.

Sorry!  This lecture is all sold out!  Next lecture on March 21st.  See calendar for listing…

Lecture Series Starts – 2019! “What Happened to all the old buildings? Part III” by Joe Curtis & Ron Gallagher

We are pleased to start the 2019 Lecture Series with the Comstock Foundation for History and Culture!

Thursday, March 7th lecture will be Joe Curtis & Ron Gallagher on: “What Happened to all the old buildings? Part III”

Dinner starts at 5:00 p.m. and lecture starts at 7:00 p.m.

Back by popular demand.This exciting lecture will give you a presentation of photos of the buildings and structures that were here on the Comstock from the 1860’s up to the 1950’s but gone now. Stories about them and what is in its place today. In it’s glory days the Comstock was a stunning city of mansions, stores, saloons, mills and mines. A presentation of photos will be presented – many you have never seen before.  Naked buildings with all their outer wear removed.   What happened to the hundreds of buildings that were on the Comstock and the nature of their demise. Presented by two local historians, Joe Curtis and Ron Gallagher.

Bio: Joe Curtis
Joe’s family moved to VC in 1958.  They bought a building and opened a museum dedicated to the history of life on the Comstock.  He grew up amidst the museum and became infatuated with the history of the Comstock and began collecting old photos of the area back in the day.

Bio: Ron Gallagher
Ron is a well know local aged artifact of the Comstock.  Raised here, lots of relatives dating well into the lower 1800’s and a head full of Comstock knowledge, recollections. stories and other associated Comstock BS.

Lecture starts at 7:00 p.m. and costs $5 per person.

Come early and enjoy dinner before the lecture! We Serve dinner before the lecture at 5, 5:30, & 6 p.m.

Please fill out this reservation form to sign up for this exciting lecture: